As I promised, I have a delicious little Carrot Cake recipe that just screams “smother me in cream cheese frosting and call me a heart attack.”
I know, I know, carrot’s a vegetable so it’s healthy right? Well, unfortunately, I like my sweets calorie laden and my desserts even more so!
Alas, don’t be deceived by the addition of vegetables… this tasty little morsel is guaranteed to cling to your thighs for its dear life… I just had to be a little fancy and add some chocolate piping on top…
Adapted from: The Cake Mistress (check it out)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil
3 Large Eggs
1/2 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
2 cups Self Raising Flour
2 cups finely grated Carrot (around 4 large carrots)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat sugar and oil until thick, then add 1 egg at a time and keep beating for a few more minutes.
- Add salt, bicarb soda, carrots, flour and spices.
- Mix with wooden spoon until all combined.
- Put batter in well greased loaf pan or tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until light golden and cake springs back when touched in the middle.
- Smother with your left over frosting….. droool…